Wednesday, February 6, 2013

break through the door space
then liminal truth changes...
scared to breath this much 

Okay, the topics of personal evolution and change are rearing itself in my life. At church, daily reading, and discussions with people in my life I am faced with the need to change the way that I am relating with the world.

This is good for me because I am reluctant, no extremely reluctant to change the way that I live my life. No, make that scared to death! I put a lot of energy in living safely and I am struck over the head by how little that has served me.

This poem speaks about that moment of choice where the traveler moves between the old world, through a threshold or liminal space, into the new and even unexpected possibility. 

I think a lot about that threshold of change. That decision to move out of my comfort zone. The Darwinian warning of "change or die."

Okay, breath. A friend recently told me that the difficulties of life only had to be dealt with "one day at a time." I can live with that otherwise I have more questions than answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment