Wednesday, February 13, 2013

darkened days dream
and the morrow wakes fresh hope
yesterday stares back?

This has been a hard weekend when I've had to hold onto my sense that everything will be alright with both hands. I have found that there is nothing like bringing your child to another 4 year's old birthday party at a restaurant to bring out the parental doubts. It was a situation that was fun, but overwhelming to both of us. I just have to look my state of mind when I looked at the part where I placed a plate of cake designated for my wife on the roof of the car...and drove away...sigh.

It is something to hold onto, isn't it, that no matter how major or minor the darkened issues in your life, that sleep will eventually come with the eventual waking with the potential for hope.

Hope. I was just listening to an old recording of Pandora's story dramatizing how the perfect human was overcome by her defect of curiosity to open the forbidden box and release all of the human evils (e.g. pride, rage, and laziness). At the bottom of this container was the greatest of human virtues, hope. Tonight I choose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment